Is the UK ready for an ageing population?
In its report, the House of Lords Committee on Public Service and Demographic Change warns that the Government and our society are woefully prepared for ageing.
The report identifies how England will see a 51% rise in those aged 65+ and a 101% increase in those aged 85+ from 2010 to 2030. Longer lives can be a great benefit, but there's been a collective failure to address the implications. Without urgent action, this great boon could turn into a series of miserable crises.
- A comprehensive look into our ageing society
- Many of us now living 10 years longer than was expected when we were born
- Regularly seeing people living until their 90’s
- By 2030 there’ll be 100% more people above the age of 85
- Examining the challenges and how we overcome them
Watch the short video below & become a part of the solution.