LUX Resorts and Residences, La Baraquette,
Properties from €291,000 - €4,100,000
Download property information & enquire
To find out more about our current offering, and sign up to receive exclusive offers, complete the form below.
LUX* Resort and Residences La Baraquette
Described as one of the most unique developments in southern France in recent years, La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence is a seafront vineyard estate, offering a range of exceptional villas and apartments which provide a true taste of authentic French living.
The estate will extend across 6.2 hectares of prime seafront land and will feature a fully-functioning traditional French vineyard, producing high-end sparkling wine as well as a crisp and delicious Picpoul white wine. Owners are invited to become involved with the vineyard - from picking grapes to sampling wines and enjoying private tasting sessions, it's an ideal location for lovers of fine wine. Each property will receive cases of wine from the estate each year, and invitations to wine tasting and master classes.
Alongside the La Barquette vineyard and Mediterranean-style properties, the estate will also boast a variety of world-class facilities including the 5* LUX Les Residences Hotel, a ‘VILLAGE CENTRE’, combining sleek boutique stores with traditional shops selling local produce.
LUX* Les Residences 5* Hotel
Situated at the edge of the estate, the Lux* Les Residences 5-star hotel at La Baraquette will form an oasis of luxury and refinement and provide the perfect place for owner’s friends and family to stay whilst visiting La Baraquette. Guests can enjoy fine cuisine and cocktails, relax on the terrace bar, indulge in a spa treatment, or laze the day away enjoying the stunning views at the roof-top infinity pool.
The hotel will offer around 40 beautifully-appointed rooms & 22 Garden Suites, many of which will enjoy sea views and have their own private terrace where guests can sit and admire the views over the La Baraquette vineyard or the delightful gardens.
The signature restaurant at Lux* La Baraquette will be Nikkey. The cuisine is infused with the essence of Peru and Japan and is presented in an intimate and exclusive setting. Or, choose to dine in the main restaurant, The Smoke House – where the finest meals are marinated for hours and slow cooked overnight. The hotel will offer a choice of bars and a selection of fine wines and cocktails in the intimate lounge area.
The hotel will also feature a fully-equipped gym and spa, offering guests a true taste of luxury. Developed by experts within their field the LUX* Me spa will feature a stunning outdoor pool, hot and cold bathing experiences, a juice bar, Zen relaxation area, cutting edge gym and an outdoor exercise platform. Treatments are courtesy of the LUX Me range of essential oils, created in partnership with world renowned aromatherapist Shirley Page.
The Village Square
A key part of the La Baraquette estate, the Village Square will showcase the very best the region has to offer. It will provide a great place to meet, chat, dine, shop, buy gifts and stock up on local produce. Enjoy the local wine and oysters or a coffee and freshly baked croissants. It will be a delightful place to meet up with friends and enjoy the produce of Marseillan.
Car Free Zone
Lux* La Baraquette will be a Car Free Zone In order that owners and guests can enjoy a peaceful and harmonious lifestyle, there will be an underground car park, with each property benefitting from the use of at least one dedicated car parking space. The Estate Management Concierge will be on hand to supply an open top electric vehicle to provide transportation within the project and locally.
Owners at LUX* La Baraquette have access to a full suite of management and letting services, guaranteeing hassle-free living. The management charge paid by owners will cover the cost of maintenance of all common areas of the estate, including basic maintenance of the buildings and communal pools, as well as upkeep of the gardens and pathways, and will be billed annually at cost. Management charges will be allocated to individual properties on a direct basis where applicable, and for all common areas, costs will be prorated to the value of the unit and calculated by the Notaire for the Owner’s Association. The formula for this calculation is strictly governed by French law.
In purchasing a LUX* Les Résidences villa or apartment , you will have the freedom to use your property up to 180 days per year. These stays can be taken in variety of ways such as months, weeks, short stays or spontaneous long weekends. Subject to our owners’ reservation guidelines, all you have to is just simply let us know when you're coming. When you're not in residence, you have the added bonus of putting the property in to our rental program and enjoying a healthy rental income.
Ownership at Lux La Baraquette provides an opportunity to experience the true spirit of southern France. All properties seamlessly blend traditional interiors with the most modern technology and provide the perfect home from which to enjoy all that the region has to offer.
Enquire about this development
La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence,
Luxury property for sale in Langeudoc.
La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence, in the Languedoc region of the South of France is the Mediterranean's most exciting new property development. The location of the land is unsurpassed, with magnificent views over the Thau Lagoon and the Mediterranean sea beyond.
Unlike other 'gated' communities, La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence has been built as an integrated extension of a lively port village. Between the elegant, modern villas, attractive vinyards weave their way into the daily life of the resort, and produce delicious wines.
Light, spacious, natural and local, the waterfront villas, patio villas and apartments all combine a traditional, French elegance with sleek, modern comforts.
- Frances first, seafront vineyard resort development, next to the lively port village of Marseillan.
- Highly desirable and accessible location on the south of France - the world’s number 1 tourist destination.
- Set in Mediterranean-style gardens with a stunning sea front location & fantastic views.
- Luxurious apartments, patio villas and seafront villas fully equipped with modern technology and appliances.
- Full management support & hassle-free letting services.
- Low operating costs with good rental yields.
- Excellent mortgage availability and rates for qualified purchasers.
- All the services of a 5* Resort including art-gallery, wine cellar, gym, spa, a 5* hotel, multiple restaurants, bars & boutiques, indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Wine Academy and Owner Vineyard, with a share in ownership of a parcel of vines within the vineyard.
- Nautical Club for sailing enthusiasts.
- Fantastic location in the South of France, with 8 airports within a 2 hour drive & good transport connections to the area.
- 20% VAT recoverable on the purchase price when your property is entered into the resort rental programme.
Enquire about this development
La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence, Languedoc: The Location
Rising gently from the sea, the plot on which La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence is being built produces arguably some of the most spectacular views in all of the Mediterranean. Situated on the northern edge of Marseillan, a charming and bustling port-village, the villas, apartments and 5-star hotel of the La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence development will occupy land once carpeted in vines. The estate boasts a unique position that has been designed to be an extension of the village of Marseillan, helping to ensure visitors never feel cut off from the richness of the local culture.
Sitting in your garden or terrace with a glass of rosé, you’ll see the oyster tables stretching across the still, pearlescent waters of the 'Etang de Thau' (a salt-water lagoon). The protected salt-water lagoon, with crystal clear waters, is home to flocks of flamingos and white herons, as well as the 'Bouzigues Oysters', said to be the finest in France. Beyond them the twinkling lights of the port-town of Sète rise from the sea and up the hill of Mont St Claire. Further along the coast lie the pretty villages of Mèze and Bouzigues, both famed for their delicious seafood. Directly across the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon stretch mile upon mile of sandy beaches, peppered with chic beach clubs serving superb food and evening cocktails.
The nearby Canal du Midi is an undeniable jewel in the region's crown. Built to connect the Atlantic Ocean with the Mediterranean, this 'World Heritage Site' flows under a canopy of plane trees, from Toulouse and Carcassonne in the west, through the rugged Minervois and Corbières wine regions to the Etang de Thau.
La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence is just a short drive to where the canal meets the sea, and visitors can enjoy a day's cruise, complete with lunch and plenty of rosé.
La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence is ideally situated in Languedoc, in the southern region of France. Green with vines and scented with lavender, the south of France is an ancient and unspoilt area of blue skies and dramatic landscapes, nestling along a 200 kilometre stretch of golden beaches, from the Côte d'Azur to the Spanish border.
With over 300 days of sunshine, 200km of coastline, mountains, rivers, canals and lakes, Southern France is a truly special region. The area is home to a thriving arts scene, with the Montpellier 'Opera Orchestra Nationale' being widely considered one of the finest in France, and the city also hosting the Montpellier Dance Festival, one of the biggest in Europe. In nearby Sète, the 'Jazz à Sète' festival attracts famous names from all over the world. Each summer every village and town in the region throws an annual 'féte' with an opportunity to mix with the locals, dine on local fare and enjoy the fireworks and festivities. With fiestas taking place seemingly every other day, the vibrancy of life in the region is tempered only by devotion to an unhurried pace of life that is unmistakably and quintessentially Mediterranean.
Fast being discovered by holidaymakers and property buyers alike, the region offers tremendous diversity: sandy beaches, wooded mountains, ancient market towns, thriving fishing villages and vineyards of international notoriety. The region's history is most evident in its vineyards. Once the world's largest wine-producer, in recent years local wine-makers have cut production in order to improve quality, with spectacular results. The region is currently viewed by many as the most exciting wine-growing region in the world.
La Baraquette - LUX* Les Residence is ideally situated in mediterranean southern France and easily accessible by air, road and rail. It is closely located to several large towns and cities, making it the ideal holiday destination.
Few areas of Europe are as well served by flights, trains and road networks as this region. Marseillan is in easy reach of eight international airports, all within a two hour radius. The nearest airport to, Béziers-Cap d'Agde, is only 20 minutes away, and offers flights to England, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Sweden and Norway. Montpellier is within a 40 minute drive and the remaining six international airports are all within two hours' drive, offering mostly low-cost flights to cities across Europe.
Train connections to the region are similarly impressive. On the high-speed TGV, the cafés and galleries of Paris are only four hours away. A new TGV line, direct to Barcelona, will mean access to the Port Olympic in less than two hours. With connections as fast as that, a day trip to Barcelona becomes a very pleasant experience. Motorways in France are also excellent, and the A9 autoroute connects the area around La Baraquette with the rest of France and Spain.
Purchasing property at La Baraquette, Languedoc.
The purchase process will proceed as follows:
- 1. Initial Reservation: Complete a Client Reservation Form with your sales advisor.
- 2. Signature of the Reservation Contract: This binding agreement contains the buyer’s and the developer’s details, it also specifies the property details. The reservation contract has a seven day “cooling off period”.
- 3. Payment of Deposit: Upon signing the reservation contract, 5% of the purchase price of the residence will be required, and placed into an escrow account.
- 4. Financing: Once the reservation contract has been signed, your next step is to secure your financing.
- 5. Signature of Deed of Sale ‘Acte de Vente’: Once you have secured your financing, the Notary prepares the documents for exchange of the title deeds (the Acte de Vente). The signature can be done in person or by proxy.
- 6. Management Contracts: At the same time as the signature of the Acte de Vente, you'll also need to sign the management contracts, which specify the management services to be provided and associated charges.
- 7. Making Stage Payments: The stage payments for new constructions is strictly controlled by French law, with payments being made at the completion of each stage of the property construction. The completion of each stage is verified and certified by a building professional. The properties are being sold under the legal status of ‘Vente en État Future d’Achèvement’ (VEFA). As such, the stage payments are those stipulated by this regime, as follows:
- Upon signature of the Acte de Vente deed with the notaries a further payment of 29% is required.
- A further 35% payment is required upon completion of the ground floor.
- A 14.33% payment is required upon completion of the roof and external carpentry
- A further 6.67% is due upon completion of interior partitions.
- An additional 5% is due on completion of the property.
- The final 5% due upon handover of the keys to the property.
- 8. VAT Claim: As your property will be part of a rental agreement, it will be possible to reclaim the VAT on the purchase price, a saving of 20%.
- 9. Stamp Duties & Legal Fees: In France all property purchases must be completed through a Notaire, whose fees are charged as a percentage of the value of the purchase. Fees will be typically between 2.5 and 3% of the purchase price, plus processing of the mortgage, if applicable.
- 10. The Notary System & Regulation: It is not usually necessary to employ a lawyer to purchase a property in France and is extremely rare for French people to do so. Most French property transactions are completed by the Notaire without any further legal representation being used. We will be happy to refer buyers to our bilingual Notaire.
Please speak to an advisor on +44(0)1202 765011 today to discuss current availability, pricing and making your reservation.
Enquire about this development