Abbey House at Lakeside Manor, Hotel Room Investment in Yorkshire
Properties from British Pound 85,000
Download property information & enquire
To find out more about our current offering, and sign up to receive exclusive offers, complete the form below.
Situated within the impressive grounds of Lakeside Manor in North Yorkshire, Abbey House is a separate annexe comprising of 11 luxury hotels units currently available for sale as a fully-managed investment properties offering assured returns.
Offering a credible alternative to traditional buy-to-let, investors will note the generous assured tenancy period and returns made possible by a proven business model and a developer with a tremendous track record in delivering similar projects.
One of the most highly regarded hotels in North Yorkshire, Lakeview Manor is a 4* hotel located in the village of Monk Fryston less than 20 miles from both Leeds and the much visited walled city of York. Set 30 acres of grounds with well-kept gardens and waterways, the hotel has been operating since the 1950’s whilst the main hall dates as far back as the 12th century.
The main hotel has 30 rooms, restaurant, bar, lounge, two function rooms and three meeting rooms. A popular wedding venue, the two function rooms are licensed for civil ceremonies and so the hotel as a whole benefits from the additional occupancy rates this service brings.
Just a short stroll from the main hotel, Abbey House consists of 11 sumptuous double bedrooms over 2 floors with views across the impressive gardens.
Hotel Investment at Abbey House
Investors are purchasing a specific hotel room within Abbey House on a 125 year lease. The room is then leased back for the hotel operator to take charge of the day-to-day running of the hotel.
This model delivers investors with an assured annual return of 10% with the benefit of no ongoing fees, a fully managed, hands-off investment plus 2 weeks of personal usage per annum.
With a purchase price of £85,000, investors will require a capital outlay of just £68,000 since the first two years rental returns are by deduction. The remaining 8 years of the assured tenancy will see investors receive their 10% returns (£8,500) paid annually in arrears.
Exit strategies come in form of developer buy-backs between years 5 - 10 with up to 125% of the full purchase price in year 10. Investors waiting until year 10 to exit will receive £106,250 over and above their initial cash input.
Enquire about this development
- Operational hotel since 1950’s with current 4* rating
- Double rooms furnished to very high standards
- Set within 30 acres of grounds with gardens and waterways
- Fantastic location from which to explore Yorkshire
- Popular wedding venue
- No ongoing fees
- Fully managed by an experienced hotel operator
- Well equipped with restaurant, bar, lounge, function and meeting rooms
Enquire about this development
With a wealth of sights and unique experiences within close proximity, the investment case for Abbey House looks sound. Tourism in Yorkshire is booming and recent figures show tremendous growth with an estimated 200 million visits per year making it one of the UK’s most sought-after destinations.
Famed for its idyllic pastoral countryside dotted with quaint villages, Yorkshire is home to some of the UK’s finest natural landscapes. Both the Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors National Parks and are within an easy hours drive from Monk Fryston.
Just 35 minutes from Abbey House is the hugely popular historic walled city of York. With its medieval streets and stunning array of centuries old architecture it is ranked 5th in TripAdvisor’s Top 10 UK destinations.
Also close by is the thriving city of Leeds which boasts one of country’s fastest growing economies and the highest ratio of those employed by the private sector.
Popular family attractions include steam train rides through the the countryside with Goathland Railway Station being famed for it’s appearance in the Harry Potter films. The area is also a firm favourite for outdoor activities including caving, biking and hiking.
Good transport links connect Abbey House with Manchester just over an hours drive and Birmingham 2 hours away. Additionally, with Leeds Bradford Airport approximately 25 miles away the area is seeing an increase in overseas visitors from Europe.
How your return is calculated
The Annex Room room full cash input delivers £8,500 annual rental income for Years 1-10 with the first two years by deduction.
£85,000 - Purchase Price
£68,000 - Cash input with 2 Years by deduction
By purchasing with two years by deduction, you are able to reduce your total capital outlay from £85,000 to £68,000 by offsetting your first two year’s rental income of £8,500 per year from the purchase price.
Total Purchase Price £85,000 x 10% = £8,500 x 10 years from Year 1 = £85,000 total returns
Buy back option at year 10 based on the total purchase price of £85,000 = £106,250 (125%)
Return on Investment = (Buy back £106,250 plus rental income £85,000 minus initial cash input £85,000) divided by initial cash input £85,000 = 125%
- Our team of executives are on-call to assist you throughout every stage of the purchase process, from initial enquiry to completion of your property purchase. The purchase process will proceed as follows:
- Your sales consultant will prepare a reservation form which includes details of the unit that you have chosen and the financial terms offered by us.
- You will then be asked to sign the reservation form and pay the £1,000 reservation fee to reserve the unit. Within seven days, you are required to send us your certified identification documents along with source/proof of funds for the unit.
- A memorandum of sale is then issued to the third party solicitor chosen by you to act on your behalf. At this point the purchase contracts will be sent to your solicitor for review.
- A client care pack will be sent to you by your chosen solicitor for your authorisation, this allows the necessary checks to be carried out and the purchase to continue as per UK conveyance law.
- Your solicitor will also send you the purchase contracts and their report on title; this is your third party advice that relates to your purchase. You should read this thoroughly and liaise directly with your solicitor to ensure you’re satisfied with the documents you have received.
- Once you are ready to proceed you will be asked to sign and where appropriate have your witness sign the contracts and return them to your solicitor, using a secure, signed-for delivery service. At the same time, you are required to transfer the balance of purchase into your solicitor’s client account.
- Upon receipt of your documents and the balance purchase monies, exchange and completion can take place. Your lawyer will then attend to all registration formalities with the Land Registry.
- Omitting delays, the purchase process is scheduled to take no longer than 28 days from the point of reservation
Enquire about this development